Reminder that the last day for Cal-Expo Home & Garden Show is Sunday January 30, 2011.
If you are in the market for any home-improvements, from landscape, painting, new kitchen/bath, roofing, etc., this is the event for you to see.
Sunday hours are from 10AM – 6PM.
Cal Expo – Home & Landscape Show
Just a reminder that this weekend, January 28-30, 2011, Cal Expo – is hosting the largest Home/Landscape Expo in California. We will be there at booth X503. Hope to see you there!
Cal-Expo Home & Landscape Expo
Cal-Expo Home & Landscape Expo is coming up next weekend January 28-30, 2011. Come by our booth to say hello we would love to see you. Our booth is in the same location as last year, #X503.
Roof and Maintenance Cleaning Time
As we approach the holidays, remember with winter rain and wind, it is important to maintain and clean your roof, making sure that when it rains the water can properly flow down to the gutters and drain off. In addition, removing leaves and debris from your roof, will help you to avoid leaks.
Roof types vary, so how often your roof needs to be cleaned is dependent on your landscape area and what lands on your roof, such as fall foliage and tree branches from heavy wind. Some people do it once in the Fall and once in the Spring… others only Fall or Spring. Either way, roof cleaning and maintenance shouldn’t be overlooked, especially with tile roofs, where you will need to clear valleys out or debris will make a dam effect and cause leaks.
If you have questions or would like an estimate for your roof to be serviced, please give us a call to set up a Roof Maintenance and Cleaning Program.
Happy Holidays from TK Roofing.
How to Spot Common Roofing Problems
It’s that time of year… the days are getting shorter and temperatures colder. Is your roof ready for winter? Your roof is intended to last for decades, sometimes as much as 50 years. To ensure your roof achieves its maximum life potential, here are some things to look for in checking for common roofing problems:
- 1. Tree Branches: Are tree branches toughing the roof?
- 2. Hail Damage: Check your roof vent for hail damage.
- 3. Satellite Television Mounts: Does there appear to be damage or potential leakage due to a roof-mounted satellite?
- 4. Asphalt Shingles Slipping: Check to ensure no shingles are slipping due to improper nail placement.
- 5. Gutter Installation: Is the gutter properly installed? Look for the potential for water to flow over and damage shingles.
- 6. Gutter Leaf Guards: If you have gutter leaf guards, check to ensure there is no shingle damage as a result of installation.
- 7. Chimney Concerns: Ensure you chimney is not missing a cricket or saddle (wood framed structure that diverts water away from the chimney and prevents debris and water collection).
- 8. Plumbing Boots: ensure your roof’s plumbing boots are not deteriorated.
Be sure to also check your attic for roof and water damage. If there are signs of water damage, we are happy to provide a free repair estimate. Email us or call (916) 723-6960.